How do I edit?
- Join the members list if you haven't already.
- Contact us to find out which books are being proofread in HTML form at that time.
- Make sure you have an unabridged version of the book you intend to proofread.
- Download a copy of the book from the assignments lists.
- Go through all of the book section by section including the front matter and list all of the changes that should be made before the book is published. As far as corrections, anything goes: errors in the printed book, formatting, etc.
- Follow the Manual of Style.
- Post your list of errors to the members' mailing list. We have usually compiled the errors for the entire book before submitting them to the list. That's up to you, but don't post every error you find in its own message. :-)
That's it. If you have any other questions, please contact us.