Volunteers needed for implementing Lobo Solitario

For all the people that speak in other languages than Spanish.
Responder
heisenberg
Postulante

Volunteers needed for implementing Lobo Solitario

Mensaje por heisenberg »

Hi!

Back on the english site I started to work on a play aid program similar to Seventh Sense or Magnamund Commander, but with one big difference: this one actively supports the usage of more than one language. Since the project aon license covers the spanish-language books, I'd like to implement those too. My only problem is that I don't speak spanish, so I'd like to ask for help in both the translation of the program interface and the implementation of the books. The former consists of partly translating, partly copying from the translated books about 2-300 words/phrases/short sentences (button labels, menu items, messages, the names of the disciplines, etc.). The latter mainly consists of copying the books' text from the Proyecto Aon books into an xml file (while keeping the rtf formatting commands intact), and sometimes requires some minor rephrasing of it.

The main forum thread of the program can be found here.
Sources of the language modules for the program can be found here. Download the ones ending in .lng.zip and look at the four xml files to gather a basic idea of what i'm asking of you.

It's not difficult work, just long, doesn't require any programming knowledge, only sound spanish knowledge, something almost everyone here possesses besides me :)

If you'd like to help me to achieve this goal please contact me either by PM or replying to this thread.

Should you have any question, please feel free to ask.
Heisenberg
Alarion
Iniciado

Re: Volunteers needed for implementing Lobo Solitario

Mensaje por Alarion »

heisenberg escribió:It's not difficult work, just long, doesn't require any programming knowledge, only sound spanish knowledge, something almost everyone here possesses besides me :)
Hi Heisenberg,

I've downloaded the files but there seems to be more than four XML files and, actually, some of them contain the full text from the book (which I guess you don't expect us to translate or copy & paste). After unzipping the LW01.lng.zip file I get this:

Código: Seleccionar todo

$ find . -name "*xml"
./LW01/Data/EnemiesClean.xml
./LW01/Data/ItemsClean.xml
./LW01/Data/Content.xml
./LW01/Data/Items.xml
./LW01/Data/ContentClean.xml
./LW01/Data/Enemies.xml
./LW01/Data/Dict.xml
./LW01/Data/DictClean.xml
Which files do you actually want us to translate?
heisenberg
Postulante

Mensaje por heisenberg »

Hi Alarion!

Thanks for replying, and sorry for taking so long to answer -- I've been in Spain for a little vacation.

You're right, there are 8 xml files, but only 4 of them are actually xmls (the *Clear.xml ones), the others are just zip files with a misleading extension. Of these only DictClean and ItemsClean requires some translation. And unfortunately yes, ContentClean has to be completely rewritten. Usually this simply means a copy-paste of the original text, which I can do by myself, but in some cases a minimal modification of the text is required, and that's where I need help; like in section 12, where the phrase "Unfortunately you don't have enough money" has to be added.

And there's one more file, containing the text for the GUI that needs to be translated. It's similar to the DictClean file:

Código: Seleccionar todo

<item title="formTitle" value="Gamebooks" />
    <item title="AddNewPlayer" value="New player" />
    <item title="EmptyName" value="Empty" />

<item title="StartNewGame" value="Start new game" />
    <item title="LoadSaved" value="Load previous game" />
    <item title="ContinuePreviousBook" value="Continue with previous book's character" />
    <item title="StartNextBook" value="Continue with the next book in the series" />

<item title="SaveSuccessful" value="The current game has been saved successfully" />
    <item title="LoadSuccessful" value="The previous game has been loaded successfully" />

<item title="preCombatDrink" value="Useable items" />
    <item title="CombatRatio" value="Combat ratio against %s is %i" />
    <item title="AttackRoll" value="Attack roll against %s is %i" />
    <item title="EnemyDead" value="%s collapses under your weapon's hit" />
    <item title="LoneWolfDead" value="You collapse under %s's hit" />
    <item title="LoneWolfSuffers" value="You suffer %i damage from %s's weapon" />
    <item title="EnemySuffers" value="%s suffer %i damage from your weapon" />
    <item title="BothSuffers" value="You suffer %i1 damage, while %s suffers %i2 from you" />
    <item title="LoneWolfDeflected" value="You deflected %s's attack" />
    <item title="EnemyKilled" value="With your last blow, you killed the %s" />
    <item title="LoneWolfKilled" value="You collapse under %s's last hit" />
    <item title="LoneWolfSuffersMindforce" value="You suffer %i damage from %s's mindforce attack" />
    <item title="EnemyFled" value="%s fled from the battle" />

el0murcielago
Postulante

Mensaje por el0murcielago »

Salutacions.

Saludos.

Hellow. 'Greetings'.

:smt001
Responder